The Granny Square, A Cool Idea



Crocheting in the summer and working with yarn can be difficult to do in the heat, but making granny squares can be a cool idea. The granny square is one of the most versatile ideas when it comes to creating many interesting crochet projects. The great thing about granny squares is that they are like little completed projects. Finishing each one makes you feel like you have accomplished an individual goal.

When I researched the granny square, I was pleasantly surprised to find out how many different patterns and ways there are to create a granny square.  I found many online, as well as patterns in crochet magazines and books. You can also design many unique projects just by the way are placed together, whether sewn or crocheted. Hats, scarves, blankets, ponchos, the ideas are endless for this building block of crochet tradition.

You can make a square in a very short time, anywhere, and all you need is a crochet hook and a ball of yarn in the color of your project.  I too, have my own design of making a granny square which was taught to me when I was a very young girl. 

You can look online to find many different ways how to crochet a granny square and for projects you would like to try.  If you would like a copy of Nanny’s granny square pattern, you can download it at my website graceedesigns.com No matter what type of granny square idea you choose; it is a cool idea for summer.  You can find my written instructions at my website graceedesigns.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Type of Needle are You?

The Corner Stitch